VCIA Board Approves Changes to 2024 Annual Conference Structure
October 31, 2023
Based on feedback it has received, the board of the Vermont Captive Insurance Association (VCIA) has approved several changes to the structure of the 2024 Annual VCIA Conference.
The dates of the 2024 conference are unchanged, with the event scheduled for August 12–15 at the DoubleTree Conference Center in Burlington, Vermont.
Changes approved by the VCIA board for the 2024 conference include the following.
- VCIA hotel blocks will be available for the night of Sunday, August 11.
- The VCIA Open Golf Tournament will move to Monday, August 12, subject to course confirmation, with tee times beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Captive Immersion is still scheduled for 1:00–4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 12, but will have no added fee. Four more sessions, three CPE-eligible and one discussion group, have been added to Monday's schedule.
- A Monday lunch will be available for conference attendees.
- The Monday reception, previously just for Captive Immersion participants, will be open to all registered VCIA attendees. In addition, the VCIA will partner with the International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) to celebrate ICCIE's 20th anniversary with the reception.
- The popular Situation Room with Sandy Bigglestone session has been moved to Tuesday, August 13, joining the program for the 3:45 p.m. conference welcome and industry awards.
- The exhibit hall will officially open for business at noon on Tuesday, August 13, with the exhibit hall reception still scheduled for 4:00–6:30 p.m. that day.
- Keynote presentations have been consolidated from two to one. Instead of a Thursday closing luncheon keynote, the main keynote will be delivered on Wednesday, August 14, from 2:45–4:00 p.m.
- The 2024 Annual Conference's final event will be the off-site reception at Hotel Vermont from 4:30–6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 14. No sessions will occur on Thursday, August 15, and the exhibit hall will not be open for business, but exhibitors can tear down their sets in the morning.
- The VCIA will keep DoubleTree meeting suites for Monday morning and Thursday board meetings so companies can be productive before, during, and after the conference.
Going forward, the VCIA will communicate these changes frequently through its website, email marketing, and media partners.
Discussing the changes, VCIA President Kevin Mead said in a statement, "We are a nimble and responsive association. We listened closely to what members and attendees told us about their conference experience, and this new conference schedule removes barriers and optimizes what's most valuable about our flagship event."
For more information at the Vermont Captive Insurance Association's 2024 Annual Conference, visit the VCIA website.
October 31, 2023