Join Captive.com and Our Sponsors at the 2021 World Captive Forum
February 04, 2021
Business Insurance will host this year's 30th World Captive Forum February 24–25 in a virtual setting. This year's program will feature more than 75 speakers participating in more than 25 sessions, including a look at how the captive insurance industry has changed over the World Captive Forum's 30 years.
Industry experts will address such topics as an introduction to captive insurance, opportunities in a changing market, reinsurance and fronting, tax issues, cell captives, and employee benefits. In addition to live conference activities, World Captive Forum registrants will have access to preconference content and on-demand sessions.
This year's virtual World Captive Forum will also offer participants opportunities to network with attendees, speakers, and exhibitors through one-on-one chats or video conferencing.
Captive owners and prospective captive owners and domicile regulators can attend the conference for free.
Live conference sessions will include the following.
- Fireside Chat: 30 Years of Captives
- Captives 101
- Roundtable Discussions
- Captives: Creating Capacity & Opportunity in a Changing Market
- Federal Tax Controversy and Captive Insurance Companies
- Art of the Cell
- Best Practices for Underwriting Global Employee Benefits in a Captive
- An Interview with Pat Gallagher
- Declined! Now Where? Reinsurance and Fronting in 2021
- Regulation Update
- Concurrent Global Sessions Focusing on Europe, Latin America, and Asia
- Cannabis and Captives: The Case for Alternative Risk Solutions for the Legal Cannabis Industry
- Captives Offer Value in Distressing Times: How We Thrived and Lessons Learned from a Global Pandemic and Hardening Market
- BI Research 2021 BI Captive Rankings & Directory Presentation
- Expanding Your Captive Frontier
On-demand sessions will include the following.
- Captive with Regulatory Problems
- Choosing the Right Service Providers
- COVID-19 Impact on the Insurability of the Senior Care Market
- Cross-Border Captive Solutions for New and Novel Risks
- Gaining Third-Party Premium Through Customers, Employees, and Other Networks
- Revisiting Claims Management Best Practices After a Year of Distraction
- The Economic Landscape and Your Captive’s Investment Portfolio
- Using Your Captive To Access Risk Capital
A number of Captive.com business partners are participating in this year's World Captive Forum as sponsors and exhibitors. They include AXA, Michael Maglaras & Company, Comerica Bank, RH CPAs, the North Carolina Department of Insurance, and the State of Vermont.
Among the speakers in World Captive Forum sessions, Sandy Bigglestone, director of captives in the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, will participate in the "Captives Offer Value in Distressing Times" session, while Christine Brown, assistant director of the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, will be part of the "Captives: Creating Capacity & Opportunity in a Changing Market" session. David Provost, deputy commissioner, captive insurance, in the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, will participate in the "Regulation Update."
Luis Delgado, vice president—Latam at Strategic Risk Solutions, will be part of the "Latin American Captives" session. Michael Maglaras, principal at Michael Maglaras & Company, will take part in the "Captives: Creating Capacity & Opportunity in a Changing Market" session. Registration for the 2021 virtual World Captive Forum can be found on the event's website.
February 04, 2021